|Published:||Aug 10, 2013 4:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2013 4:24 PM EDT|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - Deputies shot and killed a New Port Richey man after he allegedly threatened to kill his wife and fired at a SWAT team.
Pasco County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to the Tampa Bay area home Friday at about 9 p.m.
When a responding deputy arrived, 62-year-old Robert William Kaminski allegedly pointed a weapon in the deputy's direction. He then went back into the home. The man's wife had already fled the scene.
A SWAT team and crisis management negotiators arrived and began a dialogue with the suspect.
According to investigators, sometime before midnight Kaminski exited the house and shot multiple rounds from an AK-47 at deputies, who returned fire. Kaminski was killed.
Two deputies sustained minor injuries from shrapnel wounds.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis