|Published:||Aug 10, 2013 4:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 10, 2013 4:24 PM EDT|
NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) - Deputies shot and killed a New Port Richey man after he allegedly threatened to kill his wife and fired at a SWAT team.
Pasco County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to the Tampa Bay area home Friday at about 9 p.m.
When a responding deputy arrived, 62-year-old Robert William Kaminski allegedly pointed a weapon in the deputy's direction. He then went back into the home. The man's wife had already fled the scene.
A SWAT team and crisis management negotiators arrived and began a dialogue with the suspect.
According to investigators, sometime before midnight Kaminski exited the house and shot multiple rounds from an AK-47 at deputies, who returned fire. Kaminski was killed.
Two deputies sustained minor injuries from shrapnel wounds.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Police arrest man who crashed his car into Cape canal
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash