|Published:||Aug 09, 2013 10:11 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 09, 2013 10:11 AM EDT|
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A man is recovering at a hospital after fire ripped through his mobile home in Brooksville.
The fire was reported Thursday evening.
Hernando County Fire Rescue District Chief Patrick Taylor says the home was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/17bFCxy ) reports the man initially refused medical treatment. His burns were bad enough that an ambulance took him to a Brooksville hospital. He was later flown to Tampa General Hospital.
Officials say the man's four birds escaped the fire.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair
- Taxpayers footing the bill for Damas hearings, treatment
- Deadly accident in Fort Myers
- Immokalee firefighters donate new bikes after damaging one