TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Tampa Fire Rescue officials say they've extinguished a small fire in a silo at the port that caused a chemical smell in downtown Tampa.
The fire happened Thursday morning. Winds carried the smell from the port into downtown.
People were being urged to stay indoors as a precautionary measure due to chemical fumes coming from the Port of Tampa. But the order has now been lifted.
WTVT Fox 13 (http://bit.ly/11OTRIL) reported that it received complaints about a sulfuric smell near the port.
Information from: WTVT-TV, http://www.wtvt.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)