|Published:||Aug 08, 2013 11:05 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 08, 2013 11:05 AM EDT|
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - The Davie Town Council is clearing the way for folks who want to buy alcohol before noon on Sundays.
The council voted unanimously Wednesday to lift the decades-old Sunday ban on alcohol sales. A final vote will be taken at the next council meeting on Aug. 21
Florida law allows the sale of alcohol as early as 7 a.m. every day unless a local ordinance specifies otherwise.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/17zaJ4Y ) reports Vice Mayor Bryan Caletka raised the issue in April. Other cities in Broward County have already loosened their rules, including Hollywood, Margate, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and Deerfield Beach.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo