|Published:||Aug 08, 2013 11:05 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 08, 2013 11:05 AM EDT|
DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - The Davie Town Council is clearing the way for folks who want to buy alcohol before noon on Sundays.
The council voted unanimously Wednesday to lift the decades-old Sunday ban on alcohol sales. A final vote will be taken at the next council meeting on Aug. 21
Florida law allows the sale of alcohol as early as 7 a.m. every day unless a local ordinance specifies otherwise.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/17zaJ4Y ) reports Vice Mayor Bryan Caletka raised the issue in April. Other cities in Broward County have already loosened their rules, including Hollywood, Margate, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea and Deerfield Beach.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble