|Published:||Aug 07, 2013 6:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 07, 2013 6:52 PM EDT|
FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) - Deputies have charged a Florida man with leaving the scene of a crash that left his fiancee dead.
Thirty-seven-year-old Rachel Robles was found dead on a Fort Pierce road March 11.
According to the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office, Mark Anthony Terrien initially told detectives his fiancee was missing when he woke up for work.
Detectives said Terrien later changed his story, saying Robles jumped out of the couple's SUV while he was driving drunk. He reportedly stopped and saw that she was not moving, leading him to believe she was dead. He left when he saw the lights of another vehicle approaching.
The couple had three children and had lived together for 17 years.
Terrien has been charged with leaving the scene of an accident involving a death.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Toddler apparently drowned in canal
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Woman charged with DUI, crashing into school bus
- New marina, dry boat storage facility in Cape Coral
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys