|Published:||Aug 06, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) - A 62-year-old woman drowned while swimming off Clearwater Beach with her husband.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/17v3B9W ) reports the husband noticed the current in the Gulf of Mexico was getting stronger as they swam Monday evening. He returned to shore while his wife continued swimming. He later told authorities that his wife was a stronger swimmer.
At some point, she got into trouble. A Clearwater Fire & Rescue crew found the woman's body around 7:30 p.m. and began CPR. The boat was in the area conducting dive training for local police and firefighters.
The woman was taken to Morton Plant Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Her name has not been released.
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- Ida Baker assistant principal put on leave
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city
- Radel makes Forbes' list of 'biggest career crashes of 2013'
- Desoto County deputy admits to lying about beating
- Fake service dogs hurting those who actually need them