|Published:||Aug 06, 2013 12:36 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 06, 2013 1:03 AM EDT|
FORT MYERS, FL-Some adult arcades across southwest Florida are back in business.
We've been following this story since Governor Scott made them illegal earlier this year.
Now, these arcades are opening their doors only after making some serious changes to comply with the new law.
Kathy Nardomarino is finally back in one of her favorite spots--an adult arcade.
"Relaxing, meeting people," said Nardomarino.
In June she had to give up her games and walk out.
Nearly 150 adult arcades across the state locked their doors when Governor Rick Scott signed a bill, making both internet cafes and adult arcades illegal.
"It was devastating for a lot of the arcade owners," said Vegas III Casino owner Jim Graham.
But now, a few of the arcades have come back to life and re-opened their doors.
But only after spening thousands of dollars to change their machines and business models to conform to the new law.
"We have re-invested some money in to this business that is for sure," said Graham.
It's illegal for these types of gaming places to give out cash or gift cards for prizes.
So now, Vegas IIICasino in the Cape and others have their machines dispensing tickets.
Then those tickets can be used to claim prizes.
"Coffee makers, Blu-Ray players, Tvs," said Gator Games owner Ray Bosse.