|Published:||Aug 05, 2013 11:17 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2013 11:17 AM EDT|
CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) - A SWAT team took a woman into custody after a standoff in Coral Gables.
The woman's parents came to the Coral Gables police station Sunday evening and told them she had held them hostage for several days. Police spokesman Dean Wellinghoff says the woman was expected to be charged with attempted murder. She was taken to Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center late Sunday
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/16njrEt ) the couple told police they were finally able to leave their house on Sunday. Officers were sent to the house but the woman refused to come out. The SWAT team was called in and she was taken into custody.
Police believe the woman has a mental condition.
The name of the woman and her parents were not released.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- 6-foot-long pet snake has surgery after eating a towel