|Published:||Aug 05, 2013 7:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2013 7:38 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, FL - A female MMA fighter says the State should not have stopped a bout between two fighters with special needs. Garrett Holeve and David Steffan were scheduled to battle it out until a cease and desist order came from the State. Holeve has Down Syndrome and Steffan has cerebral palsey. Amy Sica says she was overweight and battled to get in shape and get into the ring to follow her dream and she belives Holeve and Steffan should be allowed to chase their dreams as well.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'