|Published:||Aug 05, 2013 5:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2013 5:53 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- A Swissport fuel truck caught fire near the Southwest Florida International Airport this afternoon, but was quickly extinguished thanks to employees and the airport's fire department.
Two Swissport employees received minor injuries in the fire. Swissport is the fueling company for RSW.
There was no interruption of service at the airport, and there haven't been any access issues to the airport.
A spokesperson for RSW said the fire happened in the fuel area of the airport, where only employees with credentials are permitted to go. The fuel lines were shut down immediately during the fire.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling