|Published:||Aug 05, 2013 4:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 05, 2013 6:51 PM EDT|
SANIBEL, Fla.- Crews responded to an emergency after a teenager was bitten by something in the waters near the Casa Ybel resort this afternoon.
Sanibel Police said something bit the teen on the right shin and foot. His parents wrapped the injuries with a towel, and he was taken to HealthPark by EMS. Police said his injuries did not appear to be life threatening.
Witnesses said the teen was fishing on a sandbar at the time of the accident. He allegedly had bait in his pockets that a shark may have wanted.
There were no witnesses as to what actually bit the teenager, but one man said after he realized the situation wasn't a joke, he saw blood and what looked like shark bites.
Trust WINK News to bring you developments as we get them.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday