|Published:||Aug 04, 2013 11:06 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 04, 2013 11:06 AM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.- A man died after he crashed his motorcycle in Charlotte County Saturday night.
Florida Highway Patrol troopers say 59-year-old Edward Van Winkle of Ocoee, Florida was riding his motorcycle on SR 776, east of County Road 771 around 8 p.m. when the crash happened.
They say his bike hit a concrete curb, went up on a grassy shoulder, came back down and did it again. They say he then lost control and crossed the sidewalk, going down an embankment. He landed in a ditch was was ejected from the bike.
Troopers say Van Winkle was not wearing a helmet and later died of his injuries at Lee Memorial Hospital.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend