|Published:||Aug 02, 2013 10:37 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2013 5:30 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla.- A Cape Coral intersection looked more like a river this morning.
Somehow a fire hydrant broke off, sending thousands of gallons of water down into the area.
Once they got the water turned off, crews were able to clean up the mess at Santa Barbara Boulevard and SW 21st Street.
The broken hydrant did not affect water service at nearby homes.
Officials are still trying to figure out how the hydrant broke.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti