|Published:||Aug 02, 2013 11:43 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2013 11:43 AM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - A man is dead following a shooting during a youth football practice in Bradenton that left a crowd of parents and onlookers running for cover.
Police say the shooting occurred just after 8 p.m. in the parking lot of the 13th Avenue Dream Center as parents were picking up their children from practice.
Tampa Bay area TV station Bay News 9 (http://bit.ly/16dFxcG ) reports Brenton Coleman Sr. was watching the Manatee Mustangs practice when multiple armed men ran across the parking lot toward him.
Police say Coleman ran, but the men chased after him while shooting. Coleman died at the scene. It wasn't clear whether he was at the park to watch his children practice football.
No other injuries were reported.
Bradenton police are asking anyone with information to call them.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Stolen puppy returned to Pensacola pet store
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- New anti-fraud group forms in Collier County