|Published:||Aug 02, 2013 5:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 02, 2013 5:47 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Charles D. Zammerilla, 46, was arrested for failing to complete a bathroom renovation he was hired for in the South Fort Myers area.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office Economic Crimes Unit began investigating Zammerilla after they received a complaint from his victim who advised that he entered into contract for services and provide a deposit of $3,500.
During the investigation, it was found Zammerilla, started work on a bathroom remodel and removed bathroom walls and piping. He obtained an additional $10,423, for labor and materials and never returned back to the residence to complete the work. Furthermore, it was discovered Zammerilla had never applied for a permit and did not have a contractor’s license to conduct business in Lee County.
Zammerilla was charged for Grand Theft and Contracting without a License.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.