|Published:||Aug 01, 2013 7:06 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Aug 01, 2013 7:06 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla.-Wink News has uncovered brand new details that shed light on the gruesome killing of a 4 year old girl in Punta Gorda more than a decade ago.
The girl's body has never been found, but documents just released by prosecutors show Pilar Rodriguez was beaten, tortured, and sexually assaulted in the days leading up to her death in 1999.
The child's former babysitter, Melissa Harding-Jones pleaded guilty to accessory after the fact in July. Earlier this week, Harding-Jones's then-boyfriend, Keith wilson, was extradicted to Charlotte County to face murder charges in the girl's death.
In an affidavit released by the State Attorney's Office Thursday, Harding Jones told deputies that in the days leading up to the toddler's death she caught Keith Wilson raping the girl and that, "Wilson also forced Pilar to stay awake all night while standing up. Wilson placed a dog collar around pilar's neck and kept her tied to the bed frame with a leash."
The affidavit shows Wilson may have been motivated by jealousy. Harding-jones told deputies she told Wilson Pilar's father made sexual advances towards her.
It says Wilson beat the child for days on end, and that on one occassion Wilson caused her to hit her head on a wall and the floor and that "the beating caused bruising and a soft, mush spot on the back of Pilar's head."
Wilson is said to have been abusive to Harding-Jones throughout the course of their relationship. Harding-Jones said that he would "often beat, slap, body slam, choke and forcefully sodomize her."
The court statement says, "Wilson also abused and tortured some of her animals to death."
Keith Wilson remains in jail on a first degree murder charge. No word yet on when Harding-Jones will be sentenced.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis