|Published:||Jul 31, 2013 10:10 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 31, 2013 10:10 AM EDT|
GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Police say a maintenance man used a man's ATM card before calling 911 after finding him dead or dying in a Gainesville apartment.
The Gainesville Sun (http://bit.ly/18Mjax4 ) reports police learned about the theft three weeks after J.W. White died on July 1. The man's brother called authorities after finding an ATM transaction on White's Bank of America account minutes before paramedics arrived at the apartment.
Police arrested 52-year-old Clarence Davis Monday. He remains in the Alachua County Jail on $5,000 bail.
Video footage shows Davis checking the balance and making two withdrawals from White's account for $611.90. Davis told police he had permission to withdraw the money to pay rent and other bills for White.
Police say Davis admitted to using the money to restore the apartment to re-rent it.
Information from: The Gainesville (Fla.) Sun, http://www.gainesvillesun.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses