|Published:||Jul 31, 2013 10:33 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 31, 2013 10:33 AM EDT|
WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (AP) - A boy who was injured when an inner tube he was riding with two others crashed into a dock on a central Florida lake has died.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office reported Tuesday that 10-year-old Hunter Gonzalez died over the weekend, a day after being injured. Authorities say Gonzalez, 9-year-old Javier Nunez and 31-year-old David Landazuri were being towed by a personal watercraft Saturday afternoon on Lake Lulu in Winter Haven.
The tube crashed into a dock when the watercraft made a right turn.
Landazuri remains in critical condition. Nunez also remains hospitalized by in stable condition,
The sheriff's office says the crash appears to have been accidental.
Landazuri and Hunter are from Winter Haven, and Javier is from Vero Beach.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog