|Published:||Jul 30, 2013 12:03 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2013 12:03 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Lee County Port Authority arrested Naples resident Kurt Lutgert, 41, Monday after he allegedly attempted to bring a gun on a plane.
Officers were called to the screening area at the Southwest Florida International Airport around 4:45 p.m. in response to a firearm found in a back pack. TSA agents saw the gun in the X-ray machine.
According to the arrest report, Lutgert admitted the weapon was his, and told officers he forgot it was in the bag. He also allegedly said he didn't see any of the prohibited items signs.
Lutgert was arrested for carrying a concealed firearm inside the screening area of RSW.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge