|Published:||Jul 30, 2013 6:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2013 6:44 PM EDT|
DESOTO COUNTY, Fla.- A former Desoto County inmate intends to sue the county, the Sheriff's Office, and several deputies.
Jody Holland claims he was beaten by deputies while he was in jail for violating a restraining order. The woman who brought those charges works at the jail, and she had taken out the restraining order. Holland's lawyer believes deputies beat him as payback for what he was accused of doing to their fellow employee.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Mobile home destroyed in suspicious North Fort Myers fire
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft