|Published:||Jul 30, 2013 6:16 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 30, 2013 10:16 AM EDT|
LAS VEGAS - Allegiant announced today new, nonstop jet service between Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Youngstown, Ohio, Bangor, Maine, Springfield and Moline, Illinois, Des Moines, Iowa and Southwest Florida via Punta Gorda Airport, beginning December 18. The company, known for its exceptional travel deals, will introduce the new service with fares as low as $99.99* one way.
"We are pleased to add the beaches of Southwest Florida as another affordable, convenient destination option for these area residents," said Andrew C. Levy, Allegiant Travel Company President. "Our vacation packages and nonstop service to Florida, Phoenix and Las Vegas have been very popular with residents. We are confident the community will appreciate the convenience of flying nonstop to Punta Gorda and the value of bundling their air, hotel and car rental reservation together."
The new flights will operate twice weekly from Punta Gorda Airport (PGD) beginning Wednesday, December 18, 2013. Flight days and times can be found at allegiant.com. Punta Gorda becomes Allegiant's fifth nonstop destination from Cedar Rapids.
Catering perfectly to a personal, romantic or family getaway, the Southwest Florida Coast destination features exquisite beach-front dining, exotic wildlife and a wide variety of recreation in the warm, pristine waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Punta Gorda Airport is centrally located midway between the white-sand beaches of Fort Myers shore and Sarasota's tropical island communities. Allegiant partners with many of the area's most exciting hotel properties, provides low-cost car rental service through its partnership with Alamo Rent a Car, and offers great deals on activities such as dinner and ocean exploration cruises. Cedar Rapids travelers can book their entire Southwest Florida vacation for less by visiting allegiant.com.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog