|Published:||Jul 29, 2013 3:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 29, 2013 4:47 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla.- Assistance is needed to identify two men who attempted to steal two large screen televisions from the Murdock Walmart late Sunday afternoon.
At about 5:15 p.m., two men entered the Walmart through the general merchandise side and went directly to the electronics department. They were observed each taking a 32-inch Samsung television and heading back out the general merchandise side of the store.
After they had passed the cash registers without paying for the TVs, loss prevention personnel attempted to stop the two men who ran out of the store. Both men dropped the TVs they were carrying. Loss prevention personnel recovered both televisions, valued at almost $700.
The men are described as both being white males about 30 years of age. Both men may have had tattoos. They were last seen getting into a black Cadillac Escalade with an out of state tag. The vehicle left the Walmart parking lot and turned to head northbound on US 41.
Anyone with information on the identity of these men is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies
- USDA predicts smaller citrus crop in Florida