|Published:||Jul 29, 2013 5:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 29, 2013 6:14 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- The Coast Guard responded to a woman injured by a lightning strike near the boat she was riding in, just north of Shell Point, this afternoon.
She is in stable condition, according to the Iona-McGregor Fire Department.
Two people were on the boat when electricity came through the vessel.
The victim was shocked, but was not directly struck by lightning.
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Red Sox' 2014 Spring Training ticket sales set record