|Published:||Jul 29, 2013 3:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 29, 2013 3:34 PM EDT|
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - Manatee County sheriff's deputies are still investigating a weekend drive-by shooting that injured a 4-year-old boy.
The Bradenton Herald (http://bit.ly/16uz4tA) reports the boy was struck in the head shortly before noon Saturday. He remains hospitalized in St. Petersburg.
Deputies say someone in a vehicle fired several shots at the home where the boy lives with his mother.
Investigators say they believe the home was specifically targeted, and it's possible the shooting was related to gang activity.
One of the bullets entered into the bedroom window, striking the boy. No one else was injured.
There were two adults in the home at the time.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis