|Published:||Jul 28, 2013 9:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 28, 2013 9:50 AM EDT|
Fort Myers, Fla. -- We've taken you 30 miles into the Gulf of Mexico to explore the USS Mohawk Veteran's Memorial Reef on several occasions. Now, we're diving the top five spots you say are the best in Southwest Florida!
Much to the surprise of many, diving off Southwest Florida's coastline is incredible. Yes, it may take a bit longer to reach a desired dive site, but our area has wrecks, ledges, blue holes and BIG fish!
Kevin and Katie dove five sites that you, our viewers and readers, voted on, two natural reefs and three artificial reefs. Lee county's artificial reef program by the way is beneficial to both tourists and residents. Fishermen and divers who use Lee county's 20 artificial reef sites spend $60 million in the county annually!
Starting July 31st, WINK News will show you a new dive location each month, ending with our number one spot in November! But hot off the press right now is Kevin Lollar's top five dive site countdown. Be sure to grab Sunday morning's edition of the News-Press on your doorstep or at newsstands.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing