|Published:||Jul 28, 2013 9:03 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 28, 2013 9:50 AM EDT|
Fort Myers, Fla. -- We've taken you 30 miles into the Gulf of Mexico to explore the USS Mohawk Veteran's Memorial Reef on several occasions. Now, we're diving the top five spots you say are the best in Southwest Florida!
Much to the surprise of many, diving off Southwest Florida's coastline is incredible. Yes, it may take a bit longer to reach a desired dive site, but our area has wrecks, ledges, blue holes and BIG fish!
Kevin and Katie dove five sites that you, our viewers and readers, voted on, two natural reefs and three artificial reefs. Lee county's artificial reef program by the way is beneficial to both tourists and residents. Fishermen and divers who use Lee county's 20 artificial reef sites spend $60 million in the county annually!
Starting July 31st, WINK News will show you a new dive location each month, ending with our number one spot in November! But hot off the press right now is Kevin Lollar's top five dive site countdown. Be sure to grab Sunday morning's edition of the News-Press on your doorstep or at newsstands.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Lehigh Middle student allegedly brings knife to school
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB