|Published:||Jul 27, 2013 5:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 27, 2013 6:54 PM EDT|
MARCO ISLAND, FL. - Marco Island Police say Chief Don Hunter is recovering from and injury he sustained on Friday.
Hunter's wife issued the following statement: "On Friday evening, my husband Don Hunter experienced a shoulder injury while at the gym and was transported to a local hospital. He is under the care of excellent doctors and nurses and while he is in a lot of pain, he is in good spirits and looking forward to being released soon. Don and I greatly appreciate the community's wishes for his speedy recovery."
Hunter retired as Sheriff of Collier County in 2009 and joined the Marco Police Department in 2011.
- Teacher accused of having relationship with student
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Collier Co. begins looking for land to build soccer complex
- Golisano Children's Hospital holds ceremonial groundbreaking
- Mobile home fire in North Fort Myers
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Historic central Fla. house moved on barge
- Fla. man guilty in taxi, food delivery robberies