|Published:||Jul 25, 2013 9:47 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 26, 2013 11:46 AM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Thursday night the Cape Coral Police Department shut down the northbound lanes of Chiquita Boulevard at Trafalgar Parkway because of a serious motorcycle crash.
Miguel Gonzalez of Cape Coral was driving a 2002 Honda motorcycle. While the driver of a Nissan was in the intersection, Gonzalez entered into the intersection. Once in the intersection, the front end of motorcycle struck the right rear side of the Nissan. The collision caused Gonzalez to be ejected. Gonzalez was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital and later died.
The driver of the 2012 Nissan Pathfinder, was not injured. This traffic crash is not alcohol or drug related. There were no signs of any impairment for either driver.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776