|Published:||Jul 25, 2013 10:20 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2013 10:20 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police found a grenade, assault weapons and rounds of ammunition after someone called 911 about a toddler wandering the halls of a Miami apartment building.
Officers located the 3-year-old girl around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and after speaking with neighbors, located her father's apartment.
The apartment door was open and officers called out to see if anyone was inside. They went inside to see if anyone needed medical attention.
Police say no one was inside. But they found an arsenal of weapons in plain view of the child.
The little girl was taken to police headquarters and the Department of Children and Families was contacted. Officers are searching for the child's parents.
An investigation continues.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Holiday event fundraises for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Panther found dead of suspected gunshot wound
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Man who gave abortion drug to be sentenced
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- Attendance up at 2013 Art Basel in Miami Beach
- Report: Access to voting in Fla. varies by county
- FIU hosts meeting on deteriorating bridges