|Published:||Jul 25, 2013 10:20 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2013 10:20 AM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - Police found a grenade, assault weapons and rounds of ammunition after someone called 911 about a toddler wandering the halls of a Miami apartment building.
Officers located the 3-year-old girl around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and after speaking with neighbors, located her father's apartment.
The apartment door was open and officers called out to see if anyone was inside. They went inside to see if anyone needed medical attention.
Police say no one was inside. But they found an arsenal of weapons in plain view of the child.
The little girl was taken to police headquarters and the Department of Children and Families was contacted. Officers are searching for the child's parents.
An investigation continues.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend