|Published:||Jul 25, 2013 5:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2013 5:12 PM EDT|
PLANTATION KEY, Fla. (AP) - A Pennsylvania man is dead after becoming unresponsive while diving in the Florida Keys.
The Monroe County Sheriff's Office says it's not immediately known if the 52-year-old man was participating in the two-day recreational spiny lobster season on Thursday. One diver was reported dead during last year's mini season.
Authorities say the man was with two friends diving off Plantation Key when he became unresponsive. His friends performed CRP and the diver was later taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Sheriff's detectives are investigating the case. An autopsy will determine the cause of death.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Winter weather causes delays, cancellations at RSW
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner