|Published:||Jul 25, 2013 9:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 25, 2013 10:40 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla - A dispatcher at the Collier County Sheriff's Office has been fired after lying on her time card.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office confirms that Amanda Bowling is no longer an employee.
An investigation began after discrepancies were uncovered during an audit. It was discovered that Bowling was compensated for more than $5,600 for work she never did.
The audit found more than two dozen discrepancies on her time card from January 2012 to August.
We first told you about Bowling in April when she was arrested on felony grand theft charges.
At that time the 35 year old was put on administrative leave without pay pending the internal investigation.
A Collier County spokeswoman confirms that the Sheriff's Office is seeking restitution.
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- 2 dead after shooting at Miami barbershop
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog