|Published:||Jul 24, 2013 10:52 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 24, 2013 10:52 AM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa man is accused of neglect of an elderly person after his 82-year-old mother was found dead in her filthy house.
Police say 58-year-old James Edward Holmes was arrested Tuesday and is being held without bail at the Hillsborough County Jail. Authorities found the body of Louise Baker Holmes Tuesday morning after a 911 call.
The Tampa Tribune (http://bit.ly/164tFeB ) reports the woman's house had no electricity or water. Police say rats and roaches were crawling inside, the floor was covered with mud and the roof was caving in.
Holmes told police he visited his mother daily and that he was her primary caregiver. He says she'd been unable to walk since July 4.
An autopsy is planned.
Information from: The Tampa (Fla.) Tribune, http://www.tampatrib.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break
- Templeton Shootout drives millions into Naples economy
- House to tackle flood insurance rate hikes
- Neighbors say homicide victim was loved by everyone