|Published:||Jul 24, 2013 8:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 24, 2013 8:38 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. -- Some middle school students in Cape Coral got an up-close look at a Lee County Sheriff's Office helicopter.
The chopper landed at Mariner Middle school, and it's part of the LCSO Summer Youth Program, through school resource officers.
All through the summer, kids get to learn about the sheriff's office, and get to speak with SWAT team members, and the forensics team, for example.
Leaders hope this inspires the next generation. The kids were able to climb inside the chopper, and see how it works.
The LSCO aviation unit has visited 8 other schools, and Mariner Middle was the last one for the summer.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys