|Published:||Jul 24, 2013 9:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 24, 2013 9:24 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla - A Golden Gate Estates woman is in the running for a $25,000 scholarship and a chance to have a homemade video go national.
Natalie Barrios' "Drive Smart" video was chosen as a top 10 finalist out of more than 1,800 entries. The FGCU senior created the 60 second video focusing on having a "buddy" in the passenger seat to take care of all you driving distractions.
"He's a fake, action figure kind of guy who he answers your phone calls for you, he gets rid of rowdy passengers, he gets rid of your food and pretty much the ideal, safe driver guy," says Barrios.
The person with the most votes online will win $25,000. Natalie says she will spend the money to continue her education after FGCU.
Vote for Natalie by visiting the website below:
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash