|Published:||Jul 24, 2013 9:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 24, 2013 9:24 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla - A Golden Gate Estates woman is in the running for a $25,000 scholarship and a chance to have a homemade video go national.
Natalie Barrios' "Drive Smart" video was chosen as a top 10 finalist out of more than 1,800 entries. The FGCU senior created the 60 second video focusing on having a "buddy" in the passenger seat to take care of all you driving distractions.
"He's a fake, action figure kind of guy who he answers your phone calls for you, he gets rid of rowdy passengers, he gets rid of your food and pretty much the ideal, safe driver guy," says Barrios.
The person with the most votes online will win $25,000. Natalie says she will spend the money to continue her education after FGCU.
Vote for Natalie by visiting the website below:
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders
- Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean
- Thieves steal handicapped man's motobility chair