|Published:||Jul 24, 2013 11:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 24, 2013 11:41 AM EDT|
APALACHICOLA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities found the body of a missing 21-year-old oysterman about a mile from the spot his small boat sank in Apalachicola Bay.
The body was spotted Tuesday by crews in a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission helicopter.
Brandon Wayne "Bruno" Creamer and 18-year-old Billie Murray were onboard the oyster vessel when it sank during a thunderstorm Monday morning. Murray was picked up minutes later by another boat.
The News Herald of Panama City (http://bit.ly/1bdIYq5 ) reports Creamer was clinging to oyster tongs for a while, but the current pulled him under.
Shrimp boats dragged the sea floor and divers searched for Creamer before his body was spotted by the helicopter crew.
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Early morning crash on US 41 kills pedestrian
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School today
- Interactive play to teach dangers of drug use
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- FMB holds election for Town Council members
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law