|Published:||Jul 24, 2013 11:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 24, 2013 11:41 AM EDT|
APALACHICOLA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities found the body of a missing 21-year-old oysterman about a mile from the spot his small boat sank in Apalachicola Bay.
The body was spotted Tuesday by crews in a Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission helicopter.
Brandon Wayne "Bruno" Creamer and 18-year-old Billie Murray were onboard the oyster vessel when it sank during a thunderstorm Monday morning. Murray was picked up minutes later by another boat.
The News Herald of Panama City (http://bit.ly/1bdIYq5 ) reports Creamer was clinging to oyster tongs for a while, but the current pulled him under.
Shrimp boats dragged the sea floor and divers searched for Creamer before his body was spotted by the helicopter crew.
Information from: The (Panama City, Fla.) News Herald, http://www.newsherald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Man who lost leg to propeller unable to reach settlement
- Study shows foreclosure numbers down, job growth up in SWFL
- Five years fatality free: Florida set to break gator record
- Sun-N-Fun Lagoon opens for Collier schools' winter break