|Published:||Jul 22, 2013 12:15 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 22, 2013 12:15 PM EDT|
PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A veteran Palm Beach Sheriff's sergeant is facing sex charges after allegedly using his department-issued video camera to record a teenage girl.
The Palm Beach Post (http://bit.ly/1247je1) reports that Sgt. Mario Pradere was arrested Thursday on allegations of lewd conduct and video voyeurism.
According to Pradere's arrest report, a teenage girl alleged that the 50-year-old police sergeant massaged her feet while touching himself. The girl also alleged that he hid a department-issued video camera in her bedroom and recorded her while she undressed.
Police say Pradere later admitted to fondling the girl's feet and videotaping her. Authorities say the sergeant said his behavior resulted from a "fetish."
On Friday, Pradere's attorney said, quote, "People get arrested all the time, and they're presumed innocent. In Mr. Pradere's case, it's no different."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival returns
- Ex-inmate sues DeSoto Sheriff's Office for millions
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free