|Published:||Jul 22, 2013 4:52 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 22, 2013 6:42 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.- Fort Myers Police have detained a possible suspect in connection with a fatal early morning shooting at the Jones Walker apartments.
They've been searching all morning for the person or people responsible for the shooting death of Latasha Faison. She was found shot in a car at the Jones Walker apartment complex on Blount Street early this morning.
Faison's mother and sister tell us they don't know why the 28-year-old was at these apartments so early this morning, when she lived elsewhere in Fort Myers, and usually liked to stay home with her children.
Police said Faison was at the apartments around 1:00 a.m. when several shots rang out. The gunfire apparently hit three of the vehicles in the parking lot, but Faison was the only one struck by any of the bullets.
First responders discovered her injured inside her car. Faison died at the hospital from her injuries.
Faison leaves behind four children.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings
- Beach renourishment winds down in Naples