|Published:||Jul 22, 2013 12:18 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 22, 2013 12:18 PM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - A Jacksonville man faces multiple charges in the hit-and-run death of a 3-year-old girl.
The Florida Times-Union (http://bit.ly/12W4J3S) reports that Eric Lynn Clayton has been arrested and held without bail for allegedly striking Tariyah Williams with his car.
Police say the girl was playing in her yard Friday and ran into the street, where she was hit. Authorities say Clayton told them he felt a bump, stopped and moved the girl's bloody body out of the roadway before driving off. Williams died at a nearby hospital.
Police say Clayton later came to the police station and confessed to the hit-and-run.
He is charged with leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death, a felony offense, as well as three misdemeanors.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Man accused of shooting neighbor's black Labrador
- Crash kills 3, injures 2 in central Fla.
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Bieber could get new trial date in Florida case
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean