|Published:||Jul 22, 2013 12:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 22, 2013 12:16 PM EDT|
KEY LARGO, Fla. (AP) - Three Miami men are in trouble with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission after being caught with 73 Gray Snapper. The limit is five per person.
Wildlife officials alerted the Monroe County Sheriff's Office early Monday about the catch and deputies started looking for a silver Honda Pilot heading northbound in the Florida Keys.
Deputy Tony Conde stopped the vehicle at the 104 mile marker in Key Largo.
According to the sheriff's office, the men told deputies they'd been on a party boat out of Marathon and had fish from the boat in two coolers. They opened the coolers and showed deputies 73 fish - 58 over the limit for three people.
The men were cited for fishing violations.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case