|Published:||Jul 22, 2013 12:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 22, 2013 12:17 PM EDT|
HIALEAH, Fla. (AP) - One man died and another is recovering after a car crashed into a Hialeah bus stop and then fled.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/14xhJDl ) reports the crash happened about 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
Authorities say one of the men was hit with such force that he was thrown into the drive-through of a nearby Pollo Tropical restaurant. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Hialeah fire rescue officials told the Herald a 24-year-old man lost both legs in the crash and was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital in critical condition.
Police are investigating.
Information from: The Miami Herald, http://www.herald.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral