|Published:||Jul 21, 2013 4:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 21, 2013 4:52 PM EDT|
MIAMI (AP) - A father of nine faces second-degree murder charges after throwing his 2-year-old son against a wall.
Television station NBC 6 South Florida (http://bit.ly/12Wdnzh) reports that police have arrested Angel Luis Villegas in the death of the child.
Authorities say Villegas was frustrated with his son, who had been battling a cold and vomiting after every meal. On Tuesday, when the child threw up at dinner, police say Villegas threw his son on a bed in a rage, causing the 2-year-old to hit his head against a wall.
The following day, the 29-year-old father found his son unresponsive, lying still on the bed, police said. The child was taken to a Miami hospital, where he was declared brain dead.
Villegas is being held on $110,000 bond for child abuse and attempted murder charges.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- Teacher accused of relationship with 18 y/o student resigns
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified
- DNA evidence leads detectives to North Port burglary suspect
- Police chief resigns in troubled Fla. city