|Published:||Jul 19, 2013 1:04 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2013 1:04 PM EDT|
PUNTA GORDA, Fla.- A boat and trailer left with a local consignment business was taken over the weekend and later recovered abandoned in a vacant lot. The motor from the boat was missing when it was found.
A Cape Coral man left his 15 ft. boat with a 45 HP motor and an aluminum trailer on consignment at Charlotte Harbor Sails. Sometime between Saturday July 13 and early Monday morning July 15, someone hooked up the trailer and drove away with the boat.
The boat and trailer were located around 8:30 Monday morning miles away at the end of O’Hara Drive in Port Charlotte in a vacant lot. The 45 HP Honda outboard motor had been removed from the boat.
Detectives assigned to the case located video surveillance that showed a white SUV pulling in to the business at about 10:40 Sunday night July 14. A few minutes later the SUV left the area with the boat and trailer attached to the vehicle.
Detectives are looking for anyone who might have information concerning the owner or driver of the SUV or of the boat, motor and trailer. Anyone with information is asked to please call the Sheriff’s Office at (941) 639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.