|Published:||Jul 19, 2013 12:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 19, 2013 12:00 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla.- A judge sentenced 47-year-old Kevin Risner to life in prison for the shooting death of his girlfriend in 2009.
Risner was convicted of Second Degree Murder on April 3rd.
He shot his girlfriend, Laura Vroman, twice in the back and once in the abdomen, in a home on Holland Avenue.
Risner then turned the gun on himself, but survived.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash