|Published:||Jul 18, 2013 10:32 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2013 10:32 AM EDT|
LITHIA, Fla. (AP) - A woman has been banned from swimming in her community's pool because she wants to wear a mermaid tail.
Jenna Conti, who lives in the FishHawk Ranch subdivision, had been in the Aquatic Club pool with her custom-made tail once before with the staff's okay. But last week, they told her it violated a policy against swim fins. On Monday night, the FishHawk Community Development board voted to keep her out of the pool because of the swim fin policy.
The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/1aTxMPm) reports that Conti's dream is to swim at the Florida Aquarium.
The full-time hair stylist hasn't been a mermaid for very long. She and her 10-year-old son saw the mermaids at the Tampa Bay Renaissance Fair earlier this year and she was "enthralled."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed