|Published:||Jul 18, 2013 8:51 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2013 8:57 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla.,- The ESPY for 'Best Upset' goes to the FGCU Men's Basketball team!
It was last night in Los Angeles, the team was given the prestigious award for their win against Georgetown during the NCAA tournament.
It's a true story to how the underdog rose to the top, but this happy ending is for a team many people had never heard of before they made their way to their first ever NCAA tournament.
They've come back to Fort Myers, a.k.a. Dunk City, a name they earned because of their 'high-flying style.'
Back in March, the Eagles defeated number two seeded Georgetown in Philadelphia with a 78 to 68 defeat, putting these players, this team and this school on the map.
The team made history by becoming the first 15-seed in the NCAA tournament to win two games and make it to the Sweet 16.
There second win was against San Diego State.
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.
- Florida Everblades deliver bears to children's hospital
- Lack of qualified labor for Cape Coral construction jobs
- Missing baby may be in the company of Lakeland woman
- Judge says the lights must go on in one Collier neighborhood
- Safe havens for children double in Southwest Florida
- Fla. homeowner's group bans playing in street