|Published:||Jul 18, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 18, 2013 10:42 AM EDT|
APOPKA, Fla. (AP) - A 2-year-old girl is dead after a sports utility vehicle driven by a 16-year-old relative backed over her.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the accident happened Wednesday afternoon when the child ran behind the vehicle as the teen was backing up.
Orlando television station WESH (http://bit.ly/1br78wy ) reports the family had been preparing to celebrate the child's second birthday this weekend. The death is being treated as an accident.
Troopers say the teen had been moving the SUV to clean the driveway.
Authorities say the teen does not have a license. He has not been charged.
Information from: WESH-TV, http://www.wesh.com/index.html
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing