|Published:||Jul 17, 2013 6:20 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2013 6:42 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla.- Gas prices are on the rise across the nation and on Thursday night, the numbers went up.
Gas in Southwest Florida is at $3.61 a gallon, that's up 14 cents since this time last week.
Experts say it's expected to go up until Labor day. Right now, the cost of an oil barrel and the unrest in Egypt are two reasons you are paying more at the pump.
This time last year, a gallon of gas cost a Southwest Florida driver $3.29 a gallon.
So what can you do to keep the cost down? Experts say, use your gas wisely, lighten up your load and drive the speed limit.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling