|Published:||Jul 17, 2013 6:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2013 6:48 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A maintenance man admitted to breaking into the apartment of a tenant, stealing a ring then pawning it.
The victim, who didn't want to be identified, says back in early July a neighbor called to tell her of a suspicious visit from the maintenance man at The Brittany apartments off Winkler Avenue.
Fort Myers Police arrested 39-year old Bryce Herndon after he admitted to the crime.
The stolen ring was a gift from the victim's so, who even tried to offer other pieces of jewelry to the thief in exchange.
Police say a report wasn't filed until weeks after the crime - which made success of finding the stolen item less likely.
Detectives say 15 days after an item has been pawned dramatically decreases the liklihood of recovery.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Indictment accuses SWFL residents of human smuggling