|Published:||Jul 17, 2013 6:08 PM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2013 6:48 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - A maintenance man admitted to breaking into the apartment of a tenant, stealing a ring then pawning it.
The victim, who didn't want to be identified, says back in early July a neighbor called to tell her of a suspicious visit from the maintenance man at The Brittany apartments off Winkler Avenue.
Fort Myers Police arrested 39-year old Bryce Herndon after he admitted to the crime.
The stolen ring was a gift from the victim's so, who even tried to offer other pieces of jewelry to the thief in exchange.
Police say a report wasn't filed until weeks after the crime - which made success of finding the stolen item less likely.
Detectives say 15 days after an item has been pawned dramatically decreases the liklihood of recovery.
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- Man accused of leaving baby in car no stranger to law
- Realtors and police warn of rental fraud hitting SWFL
- Winter weather delays flights in and out of RSW
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- Girlfriend wants charges dropped against Zimmerman
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- Florida A&M could have probation lifted