|Published:||Jul 17, 2013 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2013 10:41 AM EDT|
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) - Two St. Petersburg police officers shot and killed a man they say fired at them following a domestic dispute.
Authorities responded to an apartment Tuesday night and found 21-year-old Alyssa Dudley inside with multiple gunshot wounds.
Authorities said the suspect, Carlos Crompton, left before they arrived. They tracked him to a relative's home and confronted him in the front yard. Officers said Crompton fired one shot at them and they returned fire, killing him.
Dudley is hospitalized with life-threatening injuries. Officers said she and Crompton had been involved in a relationship in the past and had previously lived together. It's unclear what prompted the shooting.
The officers have been placed on routine paid administrative leave during the investigation.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case
- Redmond HIV case could be thrown out under Fla. law
- SAO drops grand theft charge against fmr. commissioner
- APNewsBreak: Fla. congressman lost $18M in scheme