|Published:||Jul 17, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Pensacola woman has been arrested after authorities say they tried arrest her for shoplifting and she threw the baby at a deputy as she tried to escape.
Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office said Ashley Taylor Wright tried to smuggle about $260 worth of clothing from a Dillard's dressing room. Deputies approached her car in the parking lot Monday night and asked her to get out.
Authorities said the 23-year-old told the deputy, "You will have to shoot through the baby to get me." She then allegedly ran from the car and threw the car seat with the baby inside at the deputy. The infant was not injured. Two other young children were also in the car.
The Pensacola News Journal (http://www.ittybittyurl.com/1ktP) reports Wright faces several charges including child abuse.
Information from: Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend