|Published:||Jul 17, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 17, 2013 10:38 AM EDT|
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) - A Pensacola woman has been arrested after authorities say they tried arrest her for shoplifting and she threw the baby at a deputy as she tried to escape.
Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office said Ashley Taylor Wright tried to smuggle about $260 worth of clothing from a Dillard's dressing room. Deputies approached her car in the parking lot Monday night and asked her to get out.
Authorities said the 23-year-old told the deputy, "You will have to shoot through the baby to get me." She then allegedly ran from the car and threw the car seat with the baby inside at the deputy. The infant was not injured. Two other young children were also in the car.
The Pensacola News Journal (http://www.ittybittyurl.com/1ktP) reports Wright faces several charges including child abuse.
Information from: Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses