|Published:||Jul 16, 2013 11:34 AM EDT|
|Updated:||Jul 16, 2013 11:34 AM EDT|
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are investigating after a woman's decomposing body was found near downtown Jacksonville.
Officials said the woman's body was suspicious because of where it was found in the bushes. No other details were given.
The Florida Times-Union (http://tinyurl.com/oykpy54) reports that investigators want to talk with a man in his 20s who was on a bicycle and told workers at a glass company that he discovered the body. He left after that.
Sgt. Michael Paul said the woman may have been dead for two weeks.
Information from: The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union, http://www.jacksonville.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Cape PD warns residents of housing scam
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 3 dead after plane crashes into Jacksonville pond
- Holiday event raises funds for non-profit spay/neuter clinic
- Florida skydiver falls with tangled parachute
- Woman allegedly threatened to shoot man as he walked his dog
- 3 headliners cancel music performances at SeaWorld
- Lee County Sheriff's deputies investigating copper theft
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast, travel dicey